Prof. dr. hab. Viktar Gaisenak
Ambassador of the Republic of Belarus in Poland
- June 6th, 1950 in Gostilovichi,
(Lahoysk Raion of Minsk Voblast, Belarus).
- He is married and has a daughter.
Experience and career:
- In 1972, he graduated from the Belarusian State University majoring in Physics.
- Doctor of physico-mathematical sciences (1990), Professor (1991).
- Member of several national and international scientific academies.
- 1972-1992 Assistant, Engineer, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Dean of the Faculty of Physics of the Belarusian State University,
- Head of the Chair of Teaching Methods of Physics and Computer Science.
- 1992-1994 Minister of Education of the Republic of Belarus.
- 1994-1997 Rector of the Republican Institute of Higher School.
- 1997-2000 Chairman of the State Committee for Science and Technology of the Republic of Belarus.
- 2000-2005 Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Belarus in the Republic of Austria, Permanent Representative of the Republic of Belarus in the International Organisations in Vienna.
- 2005-2008 Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Belarus.
- Laureate of State Prize of the Republic of Belarus in the field of science and technology (1994 years).
- He is the author of over 100 scientific papers, monographs and textbooks of physics.
- Hobbies: Digital Photography.