On the 23rd of may 2018 at the Alcide De Gasperi University of Euroregional Economy an Academic Conference “Management in the XXI century. Social and economic aspects of management in an organisation of the future” was held. The event was held under the content-related patronage of the European Business Club Poland. Janusz Cieślak-the President of the European Business Club Poland was a member of the Honorary Committee chaired by professor Bogdan Nogalski [prof. zw. dr hab. dr h.c., multi Bogdan Nogalski] from the University of Gdańsk.
Management is a faculty which imposes responsibility and requires the creation and promotion of a person in an organisation as the highest value. The dynamic changes taking place both in Poland and in the world force on a constant development, which cannot be based on patterns. The aim of the Conference was to try and answer a question: what should be taught in the faculty of management?; how will the organisations of the future look like?;what employees will intelligent organisations need? and to diagnose mutual relations in the development of structures in the organisations of the future.
- Social Policy – the future of work in the XII century. Demographic situation, changes on the job market, migrations, higher life expectancy, globalization and connected with it the growing competitiveness are the phenomenons which influence individual countries and societies both in a regional and as well as local dimension. They also bring on important challenges and demands for the economic and social policy but also the necessity to meet those challenges and demonstrate the direction of action.
- Management of logistics in agricultural business. Agricultural business also called the economy of food, is a set of economic activities embracing every entity taking part in the production of food and delivering it to the consumer. Management of logistics in agricultural business is described by connections in logistical chains between agro-food companies. Effective agricultural business as an economic activity cannot function effectively without logistics structures because only adequate logistical solutions will make this sector modern and competitive.
- Social and ethical aspects of functioning of the organisation. Social and ethical aspects of organisation’s functioning writes itself into today’s ways of managing a company which is beyond the legal requirements imposed on it. The reality makes that the outer and inner spheres of the organisation mingle. The relation between the inner operations of the organisation and its outer environment is very strong. Corporate social responsibility is actually understood as a connection of operations which aim at economically, socially, ethically and environmentally more effective functioning of management system of the organisation.
- The role and the meaning of women in business. In the last period one can see the increasing role of women in creating entrepreneurship. Unfortunately still women in an unequal level participate in company management, decision making or obtaining the goals of the organisation. More and more organisations start to appreciate the benefits from promoting women to managerial posts. Thanks to that it is possible to fully use their professional potential as well as obtain better results in business operations. However, such mentality is common.
- Communication and shaping of organisational culture. Organisational culture is a route to an effective realisation of company’s goals but on the other hand it is also a source of difficulties. Many companies today ask themselves a question how to communicate and create the desired organisational culture so that it helps to build the desired ambiance inside the organisation. Organisational culture cannot also be created overnight and once and for all as it is vivid and changeable. It requires full consciousness in managerial operations as well as a vision towards which it should go.
The President of the EBC Poland took part in the panels sparing his knowledge and experience.